Thursday, June 18, 2009

Are the Nets crazy?



I am a huge Nets fan and I have always wanted to buy season tickets. When I came across a posting for exclusive ticket offers on my company's employee page I was excited and expecting to get a really good deal. The Nets never draw any fans, even when they are good they could barely bring in people to fill the seats. Now they are a joke and the newly named Izod Center is practically empty every night. I think after they basically dismantled the best team they ever had people pretty much gave up on them. Granted I loved the acquisition of Devin Harris but dumping Richard Jefferson was brutal. But I digress, I called the sales rep and spoke with him regarding different ticket plans, the cheapest being $2,500 for 2 seats for 41 home games (including the parking pass.) These particular seats are behind the basket in section 101, not horrible but certainly not a prime location. Ideally I would like to be sitting somewhere near center court, this would give me a great view of the whole floor. Sitting behind the basket gives me a great view of UCONN's finest, Josh Boone, airballing a foul shot, sounds thrilling.
The ticket rep I spoke with was a really nice guy and I felt bad he had to try and sell Nets tickets for a living, I think it would be easier to sell an iPhone to an Amish guy then to pawn off pricey Nets seats in this economy. He also explained that there is a no interest payment plan where I would pay $640 per month over the course of 4 months...that is exactly what I want to be doing with my money. Shelling out a good portion of my paycheck to eat $15 chicken fingers and watch the Nets lose to the Grizzlies by 35 points on a frigid night in mid January, thanks but no thanks. As you might have guessed I am passing on these tickets, even though I did contemplate buying them for a little while, my senses got the better of me. I should save my money for more important things...like a train ticket to watch them play in Brooklyn in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment